Need some help navigating this site? Here’s a handy guide and shortcut to some of Tomb Raider Horizons’ main features.
Blog posts have been grouped according to category and listed in the order of publication (oldest to newest). Please note that this is not a complete archive of all the articles on this site. If you’re looking for something specific, feel free to use the drop-down menus or the search function in the side menu.
NOTE: This page is currently undergoing maintenance.
Where to Begin?
Here are shortcuts to the main sections and features on this site.
- Arte-Factual – Articles about art and artefacts featured in the Tomb Raider franchise.
- Gods & Monsters – Articles about the myths, gods, and legendary creatures featured in the Tomb Raider franchise.
- Lara’s Travels – Articles about the places Lara Croft has visited over the years.
- Taste Raider – Articles about the dishes and foodstuffs shown or mentioned in the Tomb Raider franchise.
- Tomb Raider Tidbits – Random observations related to the Tomb Raider games/films and their development.
- Educational Resources – Articles, videos, and other resources for studying archaeology, art, and languages.
And here are some recommended reads for first-time visitors to this site.
- 10 Steps to a More Positive ‘Tomb Raider’ Fandom
- Piecing Together a Fictional History of Kitezh
- What Do Archaeologists Think of ‘Tomb Raider’?
- ‘Rise of the Tomb Raider’ Narrative Designers Talk Tombs, Tomes, & Treasures
- A Pilgrimage to Himiko’s Tomb
- 15 Awesome Tomb Raider Easter Eggs
- 10 Fantastic Free Resources for Learning Egyptian Hieroglyphs
- 5 Female Explorers Who Made Their Marks in Siberia
- 10 Biographies of Early Female Archaeologists & Explorers
- Great Gifts for the ‘Tomb Raider’ Bookworm
- Cameron Suey Talks Horror, Baba Yaga, and ‘Tomb Raider’
- ‘Star Wars’ Locations That Would Be Great Settings for a ‘Tomb Raider’ Game
Looking for articles about the art and artefacts featured in the Tomb Raider games, films, and printed media? Then check out the articles listed below:
- Toltec Warriors (Tomb Raider I)
- Chimú Bird Carving (Tomb Raider I)
- Ban Chiang Pottery (Tomb Raider 2013)
- Gunbai War Fan (Tomb Raider 2013)
- Mask of Tornarsuk (The Golden Mask)
- Killer Whale Bottle (Tomb Raider: Anniversary)
- Kansu Burial Urn (Tomb Raider 2013)
- Egyptian Cat Statue (Tomb Raider I)
- Athenian Owl Figurine (Tomb Raider: Anniversary)
- Metal Inro (Tomb Raider 2013)
- Anubis Shrine (The Times Exclusive)
- Buddhist Symbols of Barkhang Monastery – Part 1 (Tomb Raider II)
- Buddhist Symbols of Barkhang Monastery – Part 2 (Tomb Raider II)
- Minoan Dolphin Fresco (Tomb Raider I)
- The Mouth of Truth (Tomb Raider Chronicles)
- The Dendera Zodiac (The Last Revelation)
- 100 Mon Coin (Tomb Raider 2013)
- Ancient Greek Wrestlers (Tomb Raider I)
- Aztec Maize Goddess (Tomb Raider I)
- Apsaras, the Celestial Dancers of Hindu Myth (Tomb Raider III)
- Griffin-Head Protome (Tomb Raider: Anniversary)
- Gilded Chinthe (Relic Run)
- Golden Trident (Relic Run)
- Mongolian Tug (Rise of the Tomb Raider)
- Lara’s Hieroglyphics Worksheet (Rise of the Tomb Raider)
- Jade Burial Mask (Shadow of the Tomb Raider)
Gods & Monsters
Below you will find a list of the articles I’ve written about the gods and legendary creatures featured in the Tomb Raider franchise.
Learn more about the places Lara Croft has visited over the years as well as the places that inspired some of the Tomb Raider franchise’s most memorable settings.
- Tomb of Semerkhet (The Last Revelation)
- Jan Mayen Island (Tomb Raider: Underworld)
- Meteora/St. Francis’ Folly (Tomb Raider I/Anniversary)
- KV5 (The Last Revelation)
- Museum Week Special
- The Cistern (Tomb Raider I)
- The Aleutian Islands (The Golden Mask)
- The Dragon’s Triangle (Tomb Raider 2013)
- Zapadnaya Litsa (Tomb Raider Chronicles)
- Strahov District, Prague (Angel of Darkness)
- Trinity College Library, Dublin (Tomb Raider comics)
All of the articles published on this blog were written by Kelly McGuire unless stated otherwise. If you’d like to quote any of these articles, translate them, and/or republish them on your own blog or website, please credit the author and provide a link back to the original article.
Lara Croft & Tomb Raider are trademarks or registered trademarks of Square Enix Ltd. Copyright © Square Enix Ltd. All rights reserved.