Here’s an archive of updates and news about my Extra Life 2015 efforts. If you’d like to support this year’s fundraiser, click here!
To avoid creating several blog posts on the subject, this year I’ve decided to post all of my Extra Life updates on this page. Please scroll down to learn more about Extra Life and how I plan to raise money for this good cause!
- Update 16th November 2015 – The winners of my Extra Life prize raffle have been announced below. Congratulations to the winners! And commiserations to those missed out this time. Please note that the Mystery Box will not be raffled off after all due to some feline interference (i.e. one of my cats destroyed it).
- Update 15th November 2015 – The target has been completely smashed thanks to a very generous donation from a certain writer for Rise of the Tomb Raider. Thank you so, SO much!
- Update 13th November 2015 – We made it! Over $500 raised so far thanks to a couple of generous Anons and the awesome Robin H, Luke A, Jaden M, and Helen J. Thank you all *so* much!
- Update 24th October 2015 – The total now stands at $386 thanks to a donation from Dr John Oakland. Thanks Dr J! Don’t forget, you can find an archive of my Extra Life live streams over on Youtube.
- Update 20th October 2015 – Total now up to $336 thanks to a little boost from my mum. 🙂
- Update 16th October 2015 – Details of my Extra Life raffle are now available.
- Update 15th October 2015 – Fundraising total now at $311. Thanks so much Jamie, Eleonora, Christopher, and Lodair!
- Update 15th October 2015 – Uploaded some of my live streams to my Youtube channel.
- Update 5th October 2015 – Received another two donations. Thanks Suzanne and Noelle!
- Update 2nd October 2015 – Added details of my prize draws (see below) and received another donation. Current total now stands at $161. Thanks Steven!
- Update 1st October 2015 – Received another donation, pushing total raised up to $151. Thanks Carla!
- Update 22nd September 2015 – Received $100 (?!) from an anonymous donor. Thanks Anon!
- Update 20th September 2015 – Received third donation of 2015. Thanks John W!
- Update 11th July 2015 – Updated the blog’s Extra Life 2015 page, tweaked my Extra Life profile, and joined the Extra Life forums. Received second donation of 2015. Thanks Dani!
- Update 1st May 2015 – Created the blog’s Extra Life 2015 page.
- Update 26th February 2015 – Received my first donation of 2015. Thanks Stella!
*** Please note that updates will be posted in reverse chronological order ***
What is Extra Life?:
Full details of this extraordinary event can be found on the Extra Life website.
What’s Your Target?
My target this year is *** $500 ***.
Last year’s target was $250 but thanks to some very generous donors, I managed to raise a grand total of $585. I’d like to top that this year but will need your help to do so.
Make a Donation!
If you’d like to make a donation to the Children’s Miracle Network Hospital of my choice, click on the image below to go to my donation page.
All proceeds will go towards helping sick children and their families and if you’re a US resident, your donation will be tax-deductible. All donations, no matter how small, are welcome. And, furthermore, donors will have the chance to win some awesome prizes.
If you’re unable to make a donation, you can still help me out by sharing this page with your friends, family, and/or social media followers or watching the live streams on my Twitch channel. 🙂
When Will it Take Place?:
The official date is 7th November 2015 but, due to other commitments, many gamers hold their 24-hour marathons on different dates or hold several charity events throughout the year.
Most of my live streams took place during the week of 11th-17th October (you can watch the archived broadcasts here) but I also plan to set aside time for more streams in November. These streams will be announced across my social media channels so feel free to follow me on social media.
Click the image above to go to my Twitch channel!
What Will You be Playing?:
Last year, I played a little of Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag and did a complete playthrough of Tomb Raider 2013.
This year, I’ll be playing a mixture of Far Cry 4 (I’m terrible at FPS games!), Grand Theft Auto 5 Online, and the Nathan Drake Collection. The exact dates of my live streams will be posted online soon so you’ll know when to tune in to watch me play!
Missed the Live Streams?
Missed the live streams? No worries.
An archive of my Extra Life live streams can be found on my Youtube channel.
During the charity streams and shortly after them, I will be giving donors the chance to win some fun prizes, including some Tomb Raider merch and a mystery box of goodies I bought during a recent trip to Japan.
a) The Mystery Box Draw –
The mystery box will be given away to one lucky donor and people will have until 23:59 CET on 7th November to make a donation (which can be as little as $1) through my Extra Life profile if they wish to qualify for the draw.
Please note that the Lara Croft figurine will *NOT* be included. She’s all mine.. 😉
Unfortunately, the Mystery Box was destroyed by one of my cats so I will not be able to raffle this off. Thankfully my Lara mini-figure is still in one piece.. 😉
b) The Extra Life Tomb Raider Raffle – Crystal Dynamics have very generously donated a few items of Tomb Raider merchandise to be awarded as prizes in my Extra Life raffle, including a signed copy of Tomb Raider: Volume 2: Secrets and Lies.
The 5 prizes on offer are:
- 1 x Tomb Raider Volume 2: Secrets & Lies, signed by Brian Horton (Rise of the Tomb Raider’s Game Director).
- 1 x Tomb Raider 2013 for the Xbox 360 (NTSC only).
- 1 x Tomb Raider 2013 art book, lithograph, and game soundtrack.
- 2 x Steam code for Lara Croft & the Temple of Osiris (PC only) + Tomb Raider 2013 pouch.
Please note that this raffle is only open to those who have donated. If you have made a donation through my Extra Life profile page, I will send you an email with the details on how to enter this prize draw.
The closing date for this prize raffle is 23:59 CET on Sunday 15th November 2015.
The winners will be selected and contacted on Monday 16th November.
And the winners are….
- Signed copy of Tomb Raider: Volume 2: Secrets & Lies – Won by @C_PoHo.
- Tomb Raider 2013 art book, lithograph, and game soundtrack – Won by John W of @megadadsblog.
- Temple of Osiris Steam codes and Tomb Raider pouches – Won by @DrJohnOakland and Jaden of @GunsandGrapple.
No one selected the Xbox 360 North America copy of Tomb Raider 2013 as their preferred prize so this will be kept aside for a future competition.
c) The Team Tomb Raider Community Raffle – Each year, our team leader Stella organizes a special raffle that’s open to anyone who makes a donation to any of the Team Tomb Raider Community team members (i.e. not just to me or Stella).
Prizes include a 1 TB Xbox One Rise of the Tomb Raider bundle as well as other goodies donated by Crystal Dynamics and some generous Tomb Raider fans. The raffle is open to donors and non-donors alike and will run until Saturday 21st November 2015. Click on the image below for further details!
If you’d like to know about my Extra Life 2014 charity livestream and fundraising efforts, check out this dedicated Extra Life 2014 page.