About the Author
If you’re reading this, it probably means you want to learn more about the writer behind Tomb Raider Horizons. You’ll find a brief biography, a list of interests and hobbies, and an archive of interviews and features below.
- Name – Kelly M.
- Age – Late 30s.
- Location – The Netherlands, but originally from Gibraltar.
- Living with – My husband and our two cats, Rico and Juno.
- Favourite Tomb Raider game – Tomb Raider II.
- Speaks/Understands (with varying degrees of fluency) – English, Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, Dutch, French, and Japanese.
- Credentials – My academic background is in modern Chinese studies, translation, and international relations but I’ve also studied for an undergraduate certificate in archaeology with the University of Leicester in my spare time (completed in July 2010). I also have a professional interest in online marketing, localisation, SEO techniques, content marketing, and gaming (console and mobile).
- Occupation – Freelance translator, editor, and content creator.
Interests & Hobbies :
- East Asian and Egyptian archaeology;
- Archaeological ethics, art repatriation, and cultural heritage management;
- Foreign languages, translation studies, and linguistics;
- Wildlife conservation;
- East Asian, South Asian, and South-East Asian cuisines;
- Blogging, online marketing, and social media;
- Video games (console and mobile);
- Star Wars and Star Trek (especially the former);
- Reading non-fiction, biographies, and travel writing; and
- Archery (I’m the proud owner of a 35-lb Hungarian horse bow).
- “10 Steps to a More Positive Tomb Raider Fandom” (published on Positively Tomb Raider in June 2018)
- 8-Bit Girl (published in November 2015)
- Guns & Grapple (published in November 2015)
- The Mental Attic (published in March 2014)
- “The Very Specific Reason Why Tomb Raider’s Women Super Fans Are Worried About The Movie Adaptation” by Elena Nicolaou (published in March 2018)
A lot of time and energy goes into running Tomb Raider Horizons and its social media accounts.
If you’d like to support this site, please consider making a donation (no matter how small) via my Ko-Fi page.
Donations will go towards paying for the site’s domain name, custom theme, and other running costs.
I understand that not everyone is in a position to support the site financially so if you’d like to support the site in other ways, you can do so by adding a link to Tomb Raider Horizons on your site, sharing my articles on social media, checking out the gift ideas listed on the Go Shopping page, or by simply helping to boost the site’s ad revenue by disabling AdBlock on this domain.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and thank you for supporting Tomb Raider Horizons!