- Name – Kelly M (she/her).
- Age – Early 40s.
- Location – The Netherlands, but originally from Gibraltar.
- Favourite Tomb Raider games – Tomb Raider (1996), Tomb Raider II, Tomb Raider: Legend, and Rise of the Tomb Raider.
- Speaks/Understands (with varying degrees of fluency) – English, Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, Dutch, French, and Japanese.
- Occupation – Freelance translator, editor, and content creator.
- Academic Background – My background is in Chinese studies, translation, and international relations but I studied for an undergraduate certificate in archaeology in my free time back in the late 2000s. You can learn more about the University of Leicester’s distance learning programs over here.
Interests & Hobbies:
- East Asian and Egyptian archaeology.
- Foreign languages and translation studies.
- Travel and ecotourism.
- Wildlife and ocean conservation.
- East Asian, South Asian, and South-East Asian cuisines.
- Video games (console and mobile).
- Star Wars, Star Trek, and the occasional anime series.
- Reading non-fiction and travel writing.
- Archery; I’m the proud owner of a 35-lb Hungarian horse bow!
- “10 Steps to a More Positive Tomb Raider Fandom” – published on Positively Tomb Raider (June 2018).
- “Meet The People Who Traveled The World Because Of Tomb Raider” by Stacey Henley – published on TheGamer (November 2021).
- World Mental Health Day 2019 – published on Positively Tomb Raider (October 2019).
- “The Very Specific Reason Why Tomb Raider’s Women Super Fans Are Worried About The Movie Adaptation” by Elena Nicolaou – published on Refinery29 (March 2018).
Support this Site:
A lot of time, love, and energy goes into running Tomb Raider Horizons and its social media accounts.
If you’d like to support this site, please consider making a donation – no matter how small – via my Ko-Fi page. Donations will go towards paying for the site’s domain name, WordPress theme, and other running costs.
I understand that not everyone is in a position to support the site financially, so if you’d prefer to show your support some other way, you can do so by linking to Tomb Raider Horizons from your site, sharing my articles on social media, checking out the gift ideas listed on the “Go Shopping” page, or simply disabling your ad blocker to help boost the site’s ad revenue.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and for supporting me and Tomb Raider Horizons!