About the Author
If you’re reading this, it probably means you want to learn more about the writer behind Tomb Raider Horizons. You’ll find a brief biography, a list of interests and hobbies, and an archive of interviews and features below.
- Name – Kelly M.
- Age – Late 30s.
- Location – The Netherlands, but originally from Gibraltar.
- Favourite Tomb Raider games – Tomb Raider (1996), Tomb Raider II, and Rise of the Tomb Raider.
- Speaks/Understands (with varying degrees of fluency) – English, Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, Dutch, French, and Japanese.
- Occupation – Freelance translator, editor, and content creator.
- Credentials – My academic background is in Chinese Studies, translation, and international relations – not archaeology – though I studied for an undergraduate certificate in archaeology with the University of Leicester through distance learning. Professional interests include online marketing, localisation, SEO techniques, content marketing, and gaming (console and mobile).
Interests & Hobbies:
- East Asian and Egyptian archaeology;
- Archaeological ethics, art repatriation, and cultural heritage management;
- Foreign languages, translation studies, and linguistics;
- Wildlife conservation;
- East Asian, South Asian, and South-East Asian cuisines;
- Blogging, online marketing, and social media;
- Video games, console and mobile;
- Star Wars and Star Trek;
- Reading non-fiction, biographies, and travel writing; and
- Archery (I’m the proud owner of a 35-lb Hungarian horse bow).
- “10 Steps to a More Positive Tomb Raider Fandom” – published on Positively Tomb Raider in June 2018.
- 8-Bit Girl – published in November 2015.
- Guns & Grapple – published in November 2015.
- The Mental Attic – published in March 2014.
- World Mental Health Day 2019 – published on Positively Tomb Raider in October 2019.
- “The Very Specific Reason Why Tomb Raider’s Women Super Fans Are Worried About The Movie Adaptation” by Elena Nicolaou – published on Refinery29 in March 2018.
Support this Site:
A lot of time and energy goes into running Tomb Raider Horizons and its social media accounts.
If you’d like to support this site, please consider making a donation (no matter how small) via my Ko-Fi page. Donations will go towards paying for the site’s domain name, custom theme, and other running costs.
I understand that not everyone is in a position to support the site financially so if you’d like to support the site in other ways, you can do so by linking to Tomb Raider Horizons from your site or blog, sharing my articles on social media, checking out the gift ideas listed on the “Go Shopping” page, or disabling AdBlock on this domain to help boost the site’s ad revenue.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and supporting Tomb Raider Horizons!
Last updated on October 12, 2019.