Extra Life 2018 is just around the corner and for the fourth year, I will be joining the rest of the Tomb Raider Community Team to raise funds for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals across North America this November.
Long-time readers and social media followers will probably have seen me write about this annual charity event or may have tuned in to watch my live-streams. If you’ve never heard of Extra Life and want to learn more about it and why you should support our fundraising efforts, please check out my article “5 Reasons Why You Should Make a Donation to Extra Life” or visit the Extra Life website.
Below, you will find all the important details about my 2018 fundraising efforts and our team’s prize raffle.
Last updated: November 10, 2018.
The Key Details
- When: November 2018 (exact dates and times to be confirmed).
- Where: Watch my charity live-streams live via Tomb Raider Horizons’s Twitch channel or via my Extra Life page.
- What: I’ll be streaming Assassin’s Creed: Origins and/or Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey (first playthrough) and possibly some Shadow of the Tomb Raider. If time allows, I may even stream some Star Wars Battlefront II.
- Fundraising Target: $500.
All proceeds will be going straight to my chosen charity, Boston Children’s Hospital, and if you’re based in the US, your donations will be tax-deductible. Donors will also be able to enter a number of prize raffles (see below for further details).
Team Tomb Raider Community’s Extra Life Raffle
Every year, Team Tomb Raider Community holds an Extra Life Prize Raffle, which is open to donors and non-donors alike. The raffle, which is organised by team captain Stellalune, runs for several weeks and offers fans the chance to win some Tomb Raider-themed goodies for their collections.
This year’s prizes include:
- One Shadow of the Tomb Raider Ultimate Edition package (PS4).
- Tomb Raider 20th Anniversary Print by Phillip Sevy (plus two signed Tomb Raider comics).
- One copy of the Shadow of the Tomb Raider Official Art Book.
- Two copies of the tie-in novel, Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Path of the Apocalypse.
- Two Tomb Raider Barbie Dolls (based on Alicia Vikander’s Lara Croft).
- Lara Croft Funko Pop! Figures (one “Classic Lara” and one “Reboot/Movie Lara”).
- Three Tomb Raider Mystery Treasure Boxes (each one contains five random Tomb Raider goodies).
If you have already donated money via my Extra Life profile or made a donation to any of the other team members, you will have a greater chance of winning a prize. Donors will receive one extra entry for every $10 they have donated (up to a maximum of 11 entries).
Non-donors are also welcome to enter the raffle but they will only get one entry (maximum). If you’d like to boost your chances of winning one of the great prizes on offer, please consider making a donation via my fundraising page.
Deadline: The 2018 raffle will be running from October 28 up to and including November 17.
Tomb Raider Horizons’ Prize Raffle
In addition, Tomb Raider Horizons will also be running its own prize raffle. This smaller prize raffle will be open to donors, non-donors, and fellow Tomb Raider Community team members.
Donors will receive one entry by default plus one extra entry for every $5 donated (up to a maximum of 11 entries). Non-donors and Tomb Raider Community team members will receive a maximum of one entry.
If you’d like to boost your chances of winning any of the prize bundles listed below, please consider making a donation (no matter how small) via my Extra Life page.
There are four prizes in Tomb Raider Horizons’ Extra Life raffle. These are:
- Prize Pack 1 – Nostalgia Pack: Lara Croft 20 Years embroidered patch, Tomb Raider 20th anniversary playing cards, Crystal Dynamics 25 Years lanyard, and Crystal Dynamics 25 Years stickers.
- Prize Pack 2 – Arty Crafty Pack: Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20th Year Celebration art book, postcard of Jeff Matsuda’s artwork “The Lost Valley”, red clip/measuring tool, three rubber stamps, and a replica of Lara’s jade pendant (with pouch).
- Prize Pack 3 – Words Pack: Two sheets of fridge magnets, metal pin modelled after Lara’s jade pendant, three embroidered patches, and a copy of the novel, Lara Croft and the Badle of Gwynnever.
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Steam code for the PC version of Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Croft Edition (donated by Crystal Dynamics and Stellalune).
Terms and Conditions: Postage and packaging will be paid for by Tomb Raider Horizons, but winners will be expected to pay any import or customs fees themselves. Winners will be contacted on December 2, 2018, and will have seven days to claim their prize. If they do not claim their prize within that time or decline it, another winner may be selected.
Deadline: Tomb Raider Horizons’ prize raffle will run until 23:59 CET on December 1, 2018.
Watch My Live-Streams
The times and dates of all of my charity live-streams have yet to be confirmed but they will take place through November 2018. Follow my Twitch channel to find out when I am live and streaming.
Live-Stream 1: Shadow of the Tomb Raider – This will take place on Saturday 10th November, starting at 21:30 CET (20:30 GMT).
Watch the Team’s Live-Streams
Team captain Stellalune will be hosting the team’s Extra Life live-stream on her Twitch channel on the weekend of November 3 and 4, starting from 10 am GMT on Saturday.
To close, I’d like to offer my thanks to the people responsible for running this year’s charity event and those who have shown their support for Tomb Raider Horizon’s fundraising efforts.
First, I’d like to thank our team captain Stella for once again organising our team’s event and procuring the prizes for our team raffle. She has been a source of inspiration for many of us and a joy to work with again. Be sure to follow her on Twitter (@stellalune) to see what she has in store for this year’s event and, if you’re struggling to complete, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, visit her website for a detailed walkthrough of the game.
I’d also like to thank my fellow team mates and those who donated prizes for the team raffle and/or showed their support by RTing our tweets and letting other fans know about Tomb Raider Community’s Extra Life efforts.
Finally, I’d like to thank the following people for donating money via my Extra Life profile and, thus, supporting the health care services provided by my chosen charity, Boston Children’s Hospital. They are:
- Rhianna Pratchett;
- Katherine Wowk;
- Kae-Leah Williamson;
- Stardust Legacy;
- L.E. Croft;
- Suzanne Cooper;
- Dimana Dyakova;
- Grognard GDG;
- Becca P;
- Corellian Graffiti;
- CVW 220;
- Dr John Oakland;
- Anonymous Donor.