If you’ve been wondering when Rise of the Tomb Raider will be released for the PS4, wonder no more!
Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix have confirmed that the game *will* be coming to the PS4 and that it’ll be released worldwide on October 11, 2016, as part of their ongoing #TombRaider20 celebrations.
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration will not just include the game and all existing DLC; it’ll also include a co-op expansion for Endurance Mode as well as a brand-new story-based DLC, “Blood Ties”.
“Blood Ties” will allow players to explore Croft Manor in the main game (something fans have been begging for for months) and will task them with solving a number of puzzles and searching the manor for proof that Lara is the rightful heir. According to the FAQ on the official Square Enix forums, this new DLC will offer over an hour’s worth of gameplay.
And sticking with Croft Manor, gamers will also be able to enjoy a new replayable mode titled “Lara’s Nightmare”, where they will need to defend the manor (and Lara) from a zombie invasion. Why is it always zombies..?
In addition, the PS4 release will also include:
- A brutal new difficulty mode, “Extreme Survivor”, which has NO checkpoints;
- A re-designed cold weather outfit that is modelled after the one Lara wears in Tomb Raider III’s Antarctica levels (plus Uzis);
- Five “Classic” Lara Croft in-game skins (Croft Manor, Tomb Raider II, Tomb Raider II Bomber Jacket, Chronicles Catsuit, and Angel of Darkness) that can be used in the game’s Expedition modes; and
- Support for Playstation VR, which will allow players to explore Croft Manor in first person.
Fans who opt for the Artbook Edition will receive all of the above as well as a limited edition 28-page book of official concept art and community contributions.
Pre-order links will be added here once the game is available on Amazon and Amazon UK.
- ‘Rise of the Tomb Raider’ Narrative Designers Talk Tombs, Tomes, & Treasures
- Why You Need ‘Rise of the Tomb Raider’ in Your Life