Crystal Dynamics and Xbox have released details of all their upcoming Rise of the Tomb Raider add-on content, which will be made available to Xbox One and Xbox 360 gamers via the Season Pass or as standalone DLC over the next few months.
This includes several new outfits and weapon skins, two new game modes, a range of brand new Expedition cards, and the highly-anticipated story DLC, Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch.
Here’s a quick run-down of what downloadable content we can expect and when:
New Story DLC
Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch (January 2016)
Deep in the wilds of Siberia, there is a forbidden forest that no man will enter, where a Soviet expedition vanished without a trace. Lara enters the Wicked Vale in search of a missing man, but what she finds is a nightmare that she cannot explain. Is the witch, Baba Yaga, truly haunting the forbidden forest? Or is there more to the legend? Featuring hours of new gameplay, this adventure expands the story of the main campaign with Lara facing deadly new adversaries, exploring a new puzzle-filled tomb, and solving a decades old mystery, all culminating in a showdown with an ancient and mythic evil. Includes a new outfit and a new bow.
New Game Modes
For those who may have exhausted the game’s four Expedition modes, there are two new game modes heading your way in the near future:
- Endurance Mode (29th December 2015) – Alone and in the wild, Lara must scrounge, scavenge, craft and survive the harsh elements by day, as well as lethal threats from enemies, both man and beast, by night. This is her ultimate woman-versus-wild test to push the limits of how long she can survive on her own in sprawling, unforgiving landscapes. Fire takes fuel, cold kills the unprepared, food restores health, but everything must be caught, collected, or crafted. You start with nothing and must find everything. Challenge friends to your longest survival run and battle to the top of the leaderboards for the title of Ultimate Survivor. Includes a new outfit and weapon.
- Cold Darkness Awakened (2016, Month TBC) – Decommissioned during the Cold War, a dormant weapons research base has been breached, unleashing a mysterious affliction into the Siberian wilds that transforms beasts and men into blood-thirsty, mindless killers. Lara must overcome increasingly dangerous waves of these infected predators while scrounging their equipment and crafting additional gear on the fly, in kill or be killed survival-combat. Fight for your life against new enemies and complete new challenges, while discovering a way to stop or perhaps even reverse this impending catastrophe. Includes a new outfit and weapon.
New Outfits & Weapon Skins
In addition to the “Siberian Ranger” pack that was released in November 2015, there are plans to release at least three new outfit packs in 2016, including:
- The Prophet’s Legacy Pack – Includes the “Immortal Guardian” outfit that reduces Lara’s damage from Greek Fire, the “Piercing Truth” dagger and a card pack with two guaranteed rare cards and three other cards that have an increased chance at being rare.
- The Ancient Vanguard Pack – Includes the “Ancient Vanguard” outfit that reduces the delay before Lara regenerates her health, the “Guiding Light” Bow skin and a card pack with two guaranteed rare cards and three other cards that have an increased chance at being rare.
- The Wilderness Survivor Pack – Includes the “Nightshade” outfit that gives Lara the chance of looting an exotic animal resource from a common animal, the “Deathsong” Bloody Hatchet and a card pack with two guaranteed rare cards and three other cards that have an increased chance at being rare.