Update: Lara Croft GO is now available to purchase for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone . Read my review here!
Created by the same team behind the critically-acclaimed Hitman GO, this turn-based puzzle game will offer a similar gaming experience as its predecessor, albeit with a classic Tomb Raider flavour, and will see our heroine navigate an in-game world full of deadly traps, dangerous enemies, and brain-teasing puzzles in order to uncover the myth of the Queen of Venom.
Since it was announced at E3 2015, many TR fans have expressed an interest in the game and Nicolas Verge, the Community Manager for Square Enix Montréal, has very kindly taken the time to answer some of the fans’ questions about Lara’s latest mobile adventure over at the official Lara Croft GO forum.
Here’s a brief summary of what we know about the game so far:
- Although set in the Lara Croft universe (as opposed to the rebooted TR universe), this game is a standalone adventure that does not directly tie in with any of the other Lara Croft titles.
- The game is a turn-based puzzle game where gamers can navigate the levels (both horizontally and vertically) and interact with objects by swiping the screen.
- Puzzle mechanisms include switches/levers, moveable platforms, keys, and traps (e.g. collapsible floors).
- Game relies on an ambient and non-verbal form of storytelling so there are no cut scenes or dialogue.
- The game is linear, will consist of around 40 levels split into 5 chapters, and will take roughly 4 to 5 hours to complete.
- There will be a variety of different environments (not just the jungle environment seen in the E3 demo).
- The giant snake seen in the gameplay videos is the aforementioned Queen of Venom, who will track Lara throughout the game.
- There will be collectible items that will unlock different outfits and other in-game content.
To stay up to date with all the latest Lara Croft GO news, follow the Square Enix Montréal team over on Twitter, visit their Facebook page, or head over to the official SE forum to talk about the game with fellow fans.
Alternatively, feel free to follow me on social media for all things Crofty!
- Review: Lara Croft GO
- Square Enix Announces New Mobile Adventure, Lara Croft GO
- Lara Croft: Relic Run – First Impressions and Screenshots