As part of their month-long online coverage of Rise of the Tomb Raider, Game Informer have published a video in which Creative Director Noah Hughes talks about some of the game’s new gameplay and combat features. Click on the image below to watch this exclusive video interview!
Short on time? Here’s a summary of some of the new gameplay features we can expect to see in Rise of the Tomb Raider:
- Lara will once again be able to swim underwater (hooray!) as well as climb trees or hide in bushes in order to evade her enemies.
- Players will be rewarded for exploring the game’s hubs and rewards will be in the form of secret tombs, animal dens, and special gear.
- Lara will be able to upgrade her weapons and toolkit by hunting animals and crafting tools and ammo (similar to the crafting features employed in Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag).
- The time of day and weather conditions will have an impact on the gameplay and on enemies’ behaviour and presence in any given area.
The crafting feature certainly sounds promising and, as someone who found the reboot’s frequent combat sequences more than a little exhausting, I welcome the chance to have the option to evade enemies completely rather than be forced to engage them. It seemed like killing was the only option to get past most (if not all) enemies so I look forward to seeing Lara use her cunning and skill to outsmart her enemies. It’s time to see what this wily young adventuress has up her sleeves…
All of the above concept art was originally published on Game Informer. Click here for the original article.
An archive of Game Informer’s exclusive online coverage can be found over at their dedicated Rise of the Tomb Raider hub. Be sure to check it regularly for more news, exclusive features, and video interviews!
- Rise of the Tomb Raider, Game Informer’s Cover Story for March 2015
- What We Know About the Rise of the Tomb Raider So Far…
- Preview of Rhianna Pratchett’s New Tomb Raider Comic Story Arc