Taking some time out from writing about the Tomb Raider series to share some of the photos I took at the Tutankhamun: His Tomb and Treasures exhibition in Brussels back in June 2011.
All of the items shown below are replicas of the grave goods and coffins that Howard Carter and his team found in tomb KV62 in November 1922. Over 1,000 replicas were crafted by some of Egypt’s finest craftsmen who used traditional techniques to recreate many of the young king’s treasures to stunning effect.
One of the replicas on display was the Anubis shrine that I wrote about earlier this month.
The exhibition is still touring Europe so you might be lucky enough to see it in your home town or country!
The dates and venues listed below were correct at the time of publication.
- Prague – Výstaviště Holešovic, 28th March 2013 to 13th October 2013 (visit website)
- Geneva – Hall 7 of the Palexpo, 20th September 2013 to 12th January 2014 (visit website)
- Nuremburg – Quelle-Areal, 12th October 2013 to 26th January 2014 (visit website)
- 7 Egyptology Blogs You Should Be Following
- Would You Visit a Fake Tomb?
- Oh My Gods! 5 Online Guides to Egyptian Gods and Religion
Comments are closed.