18th April is World Heritage Day or, as it’s officially known, the International Day for Monuments and Sites. To celebrate it, I’ve compiled a list of all the UNESCO World Heritage sites that Lara Croft has visited during her travels. I had originally planned to write a paragraph or two about each of these places but, due to time constraints, I’ve inserted links to their official UNESCO pages instead.
Here are some of the awe-inspiring World Heritage sites that Lara has explored over the years:
- Bolivia – Tiwanaku: Spiritual and Political Centre of the Tiwanaku Culture (TR: Legend)
- Cambodia – Angkor (TR: Last Revelation and Lara Croft: Tomb Raider)
- China – The Great Wall (TR II and Lara Croft: Tomb Raider: Cradle of Life)
- Czech Republic – Historic Centre of Prague (TR: Angel of Darkness)
- Egypt – Ancient Thebes with its Necropolis (TR: Last Revelation)
- Egypt – Historic Cairo (TR: Last Revelation)
- Egypt – Memphis and its Necropolis – the Pyramid Fields from Giza to Dahshur (TR: Last Revelation)
- France – Paris, Banks of the Seine (TR: Angel of Darkness)
- Italy – Historic Centre of Rome (TR: Chronicles)
- Italy – Venice and its Lagoon (TR II and Lara Croft: Tomb Raider)
If you ever get the chance to visit any of the above or any other heritage sites, remember the key rules of responsible travel: Take only photos, leave only footprints, kill only time. And, for God’s sake, please don’t use the monuments as your personal playground. 😉
You can read more about the places Lara Croft has visited over the years by checking out the articles listed under “Lara’s Travels”.
Have you visited any of these heritage sites? Feel free to share your memories of your visits below!
- Lara’s Travels
- 5 Bloggers Who Have Followed in Lara Croft’s Footsteps
- Guest Blog: Tomb Raider and the Temples of Angkor